Thank you very much “https://motleysoul.wordpress.com/” for nominating me for this award, I’m humbled and gratfeul.
Also having never heard of this award, and having absolutely no clue what the rules are, so I looked it up (http://wordingwell.com/the-liebster-award-the-official-rules-my-first-blog-award-and-a-few-personal-secrets-revealed/) amd hopefully I accept this in the right way:
The Liebster award is given by bloggers to other up-and-coming bloggers to highlight their work and encourage them to continue.
I have been asked:
1. What/who inspired you to write?
I’ve always loved writing and so no-one person in particular “inspired” me but when of one my close friend’s got a bit more serious about it I thought I’d pursue it a bit more fervently, so began writing rants and poetry, eventually uploading it to my site.
2. What’s your day job?
During the day I’m a Sociology and Psychology teacher.
3. What’s your writing process?
I do a lot of my writing on my phone using google docs, then finishing and revising them till I’m happy with them. Alternatively I write micro poetry on my twitter (https://twitter.com/FitzDerick)
4. What’s your favorite book?
I must admit I do not have an overall favourite, though perhaps closest is “On Entering the Sea, by Nizar Qabbani”
5. What’s your favorite song?
Far too many to account for, let me see what are the 3 most played on my phone though… “Make You feel, Alina Baraz; Moules Frites, Stromae; Apparently J. Cole”.
My 5 nominees -in no particular order- are:
And to my nominees I ask:
- What is the driving emotion/motivation that makes you write?
- If you could say your soul is colour what colour would it be?
(or favourite colour)
- If you could have dinner with one person and drinks (or tea) with another, who would they be?
- What do you hope to give your reader when writing?
- What is your favourite word? (Mine’s spatula)
I hope you pass on the good will in sharing this interactive award for writing.
P.s. Sorry for the late reply 🙂 and again, thank you Mötley.